Home Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

IPL 2020

Share:

                                        IPL 2020

IPL 2020


IPL 2020: Nobody just turn their back on Rs 12.5 crore, says Suresh Raina; finally reveals why he pulled out of IPL

New Delhi | Jagran Sports Desk: A few days after releasing the upcoming Indian Premier League program in the UAE, the famous Chennai Super Kings player Suresh Raina said he has returned to India with his family after a tragic incident involving his uncle. In an exclusive interview with Cricbuzz about two weeks before the tournament, Raina indicated that she could eventually return to the CSK camp.

“It was my decision and I had to go back to my family. There was something that needed to be addressed immediately at home, "Raina said in an interview, adding," No one will just turn their back on the 12.5 million pounds and leave for no apparent reason. I may have retired from international cricket but I am still young and looking forward to playing for the IPL in the next 4-5 years. ”

When asked how he sees his future at CSK, the former Indian striker replied, “I have been training even since I was imprisoned here. You will never know if you can see me again in the camp there. ”

Raina returned to India on Saturday citing "personal reasons", a day after thirteen people, including two CSK players, were tested for coronavirus in the UAE. After his return, Outlook quoted former BCCI President N Srinivasan as saying, "cricket players are like prima donnas… like the brave characters of the old days." Srinivasan, however, later clarified that his comments about Raina were taken out of context.

Responding to the same, Raina said that Srinivasan is like a father to him and that he does not know the real reason for his departure when making comments.

Asked about reports that she was not comfortable with the current security measures, Raina said her family is very important to her and she really cares about them in these times.

IPL 2020: Suresh Raina reveals reason behind leaving CSK camp, gives hint of a comeback






Suresh Raina on Wednesday revealed the reason for his departure from the Chennai Super Kings (CSK) camp ahead of the much-anticipated Indian Premier League (IPL) 2020 contract.

Raina said there was something that needed to be fixed immediately in private while adding that she might return to the Super Kings camp for IPL 2020. Swashbuckling southpaw said it had a small family and was worried about it during this time of the global epidemic.

“It was my decision and I had to go back to my family. There was something that needed to be fixed right in front of the house. CSK is my family and also Mahi bhai (MS Dhoni) is very important to me and this was a difficult decision. No problem between CSK and me. No one will just turn their backs on the Rs 12.5 crore and walk away for no good reason. I may have retired from international cricket but I am young and looking forward to playing for the IPL for the next 4-5 years, ”Raina told Cricbuzz.

MOVING | Watch: COVID-19 constructive Deepak Chahar inspires as CSK shares his video of the day leg exercise

The speculation about Raina’s sudden exit was rife when Srinivasan called her ‘Prima Donna’ while adding that sometimes success could get into the players ’heads among other comments. However the Super Kings manager has made it clear that he was quoted incorrectly.

Referring to Srinivasan, Raina stated: “You are like a father to me and always standing by me and close to my heart. He treats me like his little son and I’m sure a lot doesn’t mean taken out of context. Ek baap apne bacche ko daant sakta hai (A father can scold his son). He had no idea the real reasons why I left when he gave those comments. Now he has been told about them and sent me a message after that. We've talked about it again and both with CSK and I just want to get over it. ”

Raina did not deny the possibility of returning to the Chennai Super Kings camp for the IPL 2020 and praised the management of the BCCI and CSK team for doing a commendable job with a safe environment and planning for the IPL 2020 in the UAE.

“I was training even though I was separated and imprisoned here. You will never know if you can see me in the camp there again.

“The management of the party and the BCCI did an excellent job of keeping everyone safe. This has never been done before and is new to everyone. It is a very safe place and no one without access can go anywhere. We were all inside our rooms without any contact with people and there were checks every two days, ”said Raina.

READ ALSO: IPL 2020: CSK players, staff testing with COVID-19; to do another test

“I have a small family at home and I was worried that if something happened to me, would you go crazy? (What will happen to them). My family is very important to me and I really care about them during these times. I have not seen my children for more than 20 days, or I have returned, because I am in solitary confinement, ”he added.

Raina went on to talk about a horrific incident involving her family in Pathankot, Punjab, where her uncle was killed by the attackers as she said it was her job to return home to take care of her.

 
“The Pathankot incident was shocking and disturbing to everyone in our family. And it was my job to come back and take care of them. But since I came back, I've been living alone here. Therefore, I still have to go to my parents and all my friends are in big trouble, ”said Raina.

BCCI announces CRED as official partner of IPL 2020


India's Cricket Regulatory Board (BCCI) on Wednesday announced that CRED, a digital community of qualified creditors, retailers and institutions, will be the official partner of the Indian Premier League.

The three-year agreement between the company and BCCI will kick off with the latest IPL season on September 19 in the UAE.

“We are very excited to have CRED on board as the 'Official Partner' of the Indian Premier League 2020 to 2022. IPL is one of the newest sports leagues in .

THANKU 

No comments

Technology